DIY | T-shirt Yarn Letters

Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Fettuccini yarn. Nope, I did not buy it at an Italian market. 

I found this really fun yarn at my local Walmart! I have always wanted to try making something out of t-shirt yarn, but I never knew where to find it, what brands produced it, or what I would even do with it! 

And yet here I was, at Walmart with this adorable yarn looking up at me. It was as though it was smiling and saying, "You need to buy me and crochet me into something ...".

Well, I listened to it.







After I made the impulsive purchase, it was time to decide what to create with it. "Hmm..", I thought to myself, "What might I do with this adorably fun yarn???" (t-shirt yarn, by the way, is a little bit stiff, so things like hats and such would probably be uncomfortable).

I needed to make something whimsical and cute.

Then like a lightning bolt it hit me.

Letters.


   




  I made these while watching a movie, so I am not quite sure what I did to make them look like this! They are a little rough around the edges (seriously, they are), so I will be trying to tweak them a little bit over the next few days. If I can smooth them out, I might post a free pattern; so stay tuned!!

    Over all, t-shirt yarn is really fun to work with. I will definitely be using it more in the future!


Love is patient,
love is kind and is not jealous;
love does not brag and is not arrogant,
does not act unbecomingly;
it does not seek its own,
is not provoked,
does not take into account a wrong suffered,
does not rejoice in unrighteousness, 
but rejoices with the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guten tag! Who are you? How'd ya find my blog? Do you like ice cream?

P.S. Please use kind language...danke! :)