PERSONAL | Fourteen Years

Thursday, October 2, 2014
Fourteen years ago an amazing thing happened in my family.

I got a baby brother.





Needless to say, I was pretty excited!! I was only 1 1/2 years old, so I don't remember a lot....but I still do remember walking into the hospital hand in hand with my grandparents, looking all around in what seemed to be the longest hallway ever. I could not wait to see this "real, live baby doll". Sadly, that is where the memory stops. I don't remember holding him for the first time other than the videos and pictures I have seen over the years.


  
We have had our ups and downs over the years. He would do something ornery and I would be super mean back. He would act all sweet and innocent, and I would be really mean again. Neither of us are ever totally right in our little squabbles. I haven't always been the best sister, but I could never ask for a better brother.

You can think what you want, but I think he was the cutest little boy that ever toddled on the earth. And then just like that, he began to grow up.


First came the curly blond hair. Then came the teeth. Then the teeth began to fall out. Then came the glasses.
                           

                

         

And now he is fourteen years old. Time flies when you are having fun, I guess. Isaac sure has made our family's life more fun, and he sure is a big blessing. I love him so much!!!

         

Happy 14th Birthday Isaac!!!! I love ya!!



"This is the day which the Lord has
made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Psalm 118:24

1 comment:

  1. Isabel you are such a wonderful, big sister to Isaac! He is indeed a huge blessing to our family!! Thankful and praising God for both of your lives and excited to see where He leads on your journey! Fourteen years old...(sigh). This Grammee is feeling old,but blessed!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Guten tag! Who are you? How'd ya find my blog? Do you like ice cream?

P.S. Please use kind language...danke! :)