PERSONAL | blustery days

Wednesday, June 1, 2016


Oh the wind is lashing lustily
And the trees are thrashing thrustily
And the leaves are rustling gustily
So it's rather safe to say
That it seems that it may turn out to be
It feels that it will undoubtedly
It looks like a rather blustery day, today

- Winnie the Pooh -


Happy Winds-day, Friends.

This post has been a long time coming.

I can't believe spring is already coming to a close, and I'm coming close to a full year since my last post.

Spring thus far: rain. Lots and lots of windy, rainy, blustery days.
Last month I went to grab a jacket before I headed out into the great outdoors, and I realized that the article was several sizes too small. 

Why, do you ask?
Because it was actually meant for a 7-year-old.

Let me back up a few paces: three little munchkins joined the farm late last November. 


God said "Look at these three kiddos, how about I let them live with you?" and we, in all humbleness that we would be counted worthy, said, "Sure!"

Fast forward 6 months.

I guess they like it here, because they decided to stay ;D



We still are waiting on God's timing to officially announce them as inductees to Dettmer Farm (foster care: there are glories and woes within that system!), but it's pretty official that we love them and know they are meant to be here for at least such a time as this.


The days are oftentimes hard. God has called us to take up what sometimes seems like multiple crosses and die daily to our own wills and plans. But in reality, that's what life is all about, and I'm grateful to serve Him and be blessed by Him in this way. 

Are my sleepy Saturday mornings replaced by early wake up calls from a bubbly four-year-old on the bunk below me? Yes.
Is having time to brush my teeth a luxury now? Yes.
Are my shins so bruised from tripping over baby gates that I expect them to one day fall off? Yes.
Do I miss the privacy I once had and bucket loads of free time I once wallowed in?  ...Sometimes.

Do I regret my family's decision to follow where Christ leads? Not in the least.

He gives more grace. 
More than I deserve, more than I deem possible, and more than I even recognize.







When I look back on the life I've been blessed with, God's hand print is so clear. Nothing that has taken place thus far is anything I could have ever conjured up in my feeble brain. His Master Plan is far too glorious, and the earthly reflection of it is just a mere glimpse of what's in store. 

From that perspective, I know that the life we're currently living is gonna turn out a-okay.








God is showing Himself faithful even though the days often seem floodier and floodier. 
We're holding on and trusting; enjoying the good times and giggles; and clinging to Him in the storms.
 'Cause those blustery days are no match for His mercy.






The LORD your God is in your midst,
a victorious warrior.
He will exult over you with joy,
He will be quiet in His love,
He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy

- Zephaniah 3:17 -



The End



No comments:

Post a Comment

Guten tag! Who are you? How'd ya find my blog? Do you like ice cream?

P.S. Please use kind language...danke! :)